- 1 packet yeast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
Mix dry ingredients except all-purpose flour together. Add water and oil and stir to mix. Slowly add the all-purpose flour 1/2 cup at a time until kneadable. Knead for 5-10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl for 1 hour.
Punch down the dough, divide into two balls and let rest for ten minutes. Shape the dough into rounds (or whatever shape suits you) and place onto oiled cookie sheets. Top with sauce and favorite veggies.
- This was a winner! Top flavor, mmmmmmmm so good!
- I didn't follow my own advice -- I added some dry ingredients after the water. Silly me, it just makes it more difficult to mix it up.
- Also, I tried too hard to get two nice-sized pizzas out of this one, and ended up with crust that was too thin, as in there were holes in the dough after I pressed it out. Bad idea, as no crust means no support for cheese, sauce, and veggies. I didn't feel like starting over after the little hole developed so I just hoped it would "fill itself in." Fat chance.
- Finally, I must use aluminum foil on top of the pans next time. Not sure what I was thinking, but cleanup sucks when you just oil a cookie sheet. They now have a few more permanent stains.
No pictures again. So sad.